Dslnd 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Dec 3, 2011.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

We had only freezing rain and sleet. Peoria had a solid sheet where we had only enough to spot salt.

2012 was crazy. Hoping for a good end to this winter and a good summer.

I've considered a Vermeer compact skid but I'd really like to get a stock yard going at my shop so I'm leaning more towards a skid with forks and bucket.

Posted via Mobile Device
  2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Im digging the wheels on the crew cab long bed. Is there a link to that article? I would love to read it.
  3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in the exact same boat. I am 19 and trying to grow my business. I just have had to pay cash for everything and take loans from family for bigger items. I hope to have a full time mow crew out this year while I do landscaping and irrigation full time. But its going to be several years till I get to where you are. Needless to say I'm really impressed. Your shop/office is great.
    Keep it up!
  4. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

still looking good my friend

5. CriderLawn09

CriderLawn09 LawnSite Member

Nice Shop man! and i totally understand I'm 22 and started at 18 and it sucks having to blow your budget to go pay cash for a piece of equip. or needing a credit line to help with cah flow issues, but it will build up, take it slow and pay the notes on time and actually paying cash for trucks and stuff really helps sometimes, I dont have the newest trucks and trailers but, during this seasons drought and last winters snow drought we cruised right on thru with no worries cause we dont owe alot. But, again Great Work!
  6. DSLND

Thanks man. I posted a few more pictures of the truck. Heres the link. http://www.pjstar.com/business/x135...d-lawn-care-entrepreneur-is-an-old-hand-at-19

Thanks man. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Thanks, buddy.

Thanks! I'd say the shop has been the best move for the business. 15k cars/day pass by. Its on a one-way in the outskirts of downtown and its at a 4-way stop light. Lots of exposure! Yep, as I said the money issue is the biggest set back right now. But i'm working with it.

Heres some more pictures fellas of the truck and a few others.

7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, that's the nicest thing about paying cash, because even if the work isn't there the bills will still come.
  8. DSLND

Well fellas, where in the heck is the snow?!

Craigslist is full of used blades, some barely used, trucks, spreaders, etc. If someone were wanting to make the investment into the snow business, now is the perfect time to get great deals! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not even thinking about it anymore and just putting 100% efforts into spring. I just bit the bullet and payed my way into a booth for the Peoria Homebuilders Association home show here in Peoria. A pretty penny to spend, especially after the lack of precipitation this past year, but I'm hoping for a great return.

Starting to go through equipment, working on new advertising material, etc. But I would still take a good or a few good snow storms anytime now ;)

Hope everyone is enjoying their time off!

9. DSLND

Traded the tan 2500 and got this truck...finally! I've been wanting a c4500 for about three years now but they are about as rare as a snow storm around here.

This unit came from Roscoe, Illinois. Kid Cars, Inc. Sweet dealer for anyone looking for a larger vehicle like this. My main dealer here In Central Illinois actually did the deal since Kid Cars didn't want my trade.

2006 GMC C4500
    161k Miles
    11' Dump W/Removable Sides

Hope everyone is getting ready for spring!

C4500 001.jpg
  10. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you have at that booth at that home show? Did you have a good return? We went to one this past Saturday and I hope to go to it next year.