1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dual/Double Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Lawn Keepers, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Lawn Keepers

Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

I have a Hustler Super Z with a 27hp Kohler and a Hustler Hydro Walk behind that I am interested in running double blades on. I know that some people are already doing this. I would like to know how to mount the blades without welding them in the cross pattern. I had some welded for my Grasshopper but I don't think it was worth the trouble. Any answers or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
  2. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

Just do a search for double blades and Hustler. There is alot of good advice out there on what blade to use for what application. Everyone seems to agree that once you chose what two types of blades you are going to run you need an impact wrench to keep them in the X configuration. Good luck.
  3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with JHE. I use doubles on my Super Z. I alway impact them on in a + pattern. I use a speed square to keep them @ 90 degrees. You can also use the X pattern.
  4. Lawn Keepers

Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

Thank you very much for the input....I will try it right away.