1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dual gas tanks on hustler z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by MiniNana, May 23, 2004.

1. MiniNana

MiniNana LawnSite Member

My husband is out of town and my Hustler quit. How do you switch from one gas tank to the other (or should I even have to do that?) :confused:
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Depends on how old your unit is and what model it is.
    Some units have the fuel switch behind the seat, and all you need to do is move the lever to the opposite tank and you are then getting fuel from that tank.
    Some older units have the valves on the bottom of each tank, and you need to turn them to open them.
    On the above models you could run with both valves open and the fuel would be drawn from both tanks equally or you could run with just one open, then you would need to open the other when needed.
    Hope this helps

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

PJ--Strange to tell, but Hustler built a few units late last summer that had BOTH the new fuel selector switch AND the old individual tank petcocks installed! If you, like one of our customers, have a Hustler with a tank selector valve that won't draw from one of the tanks, check for a tank-mounted petcock. If you find one, turn the knurled knob counterclockwise to make sure that it's turned on!