Dual line "weed eaters" "trimmers"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ATVracer, May 10, 2007.

1. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

The trigger broke on my weedeater and I need a new one asap. Never have used one with dual lines(tap feeding kind) but it seems the majority are of that type. Any particular problems or hassles with a dual line trimmer? Yea I'm old school and prefer to use what I am used to but might have to buck the trend this time. Thanks!

2. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Buy a new one. It would be less hassle (and maybe cheaper) in the long run. Get a real one.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I have only used Stihl and Echo and both companies have all the bugs worked out of the dual lines they work great. Shindawa has a speed load head that also works pretty nice but it is a little hard to remove the end to take a peak at how much line is left, but it is easy to load.

4. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Echo you can't go wrong they start at 200 dollars will last you a long time.

RCGM
    Brad

5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Have two Echo Pas-260s. Not a problem from either in 3 years of trimming a cemetery. Not cheap, but they work.

Jim

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Gee, don't think I have ever used a single line trimmer...I mean what for right?

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Echo....all the way!

8. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

The dealer in town sells Echo and Sthil. I will check them out tomorrow. Yea I know...single line LOL.