1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dual Swivel Wheel Sulky for Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nebraska, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever used a dual swivel wheel sulky for a hydro? Found this on Mowtownusa.com. If you have does it work well?
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive never used a sulky, have a exmark ztr, but ive heard many people say the dual wheel sulkies are a lot better. for one, you dont jack knife. i also have heard the dual wheel sulkys without the swivels can get into tighter spaces. maybe somebody else with some experience on it will comment.
  3. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I have used swivel-wheel casters before and they work excellent. Yhey give you the treu zero-turn capabilities. It turns really easily and is easy to get in to tight places without jacknifing like my one-wheel velke. I'm gonna buy one next week after I sell my one-wheel sulky. The only thing bad about them is that they dont fold up like the velke but it is very easy to take off. It's a great product.
  5. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

Upstate Mike,

Did you buy it direct from them? On the website they lead you to dealers?

Everyone's comments are very helpful....Almost purchased the two wheel without swivels before I ran into this on the web.

6. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

I called them and they gave me a number of a guy in Florida and he gave me a number of another company and they gave me another number of a local dealer who had no idea what a sulky was and then I called the company back and they sold me one.It took about an hour to buy one,I couldnt believe the hassle.
  7. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at purchasing their 2 wheeled but have not decided which one to buy yet. I contacted the company but they forwarded my info to some other distributer. I am waiting to hear from them. Can anyone tell me how much these things cost?

8. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

have used the two wheel jobs for years and love them.
    before you buy anywhere else try this website.
    they are called jungle wheels.
    you will love them.