1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dual Tank/Injection

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Sweep, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member

I wrote part of this thread in the "Equipment for Sale" Forum but I thought I would bring it over here. I am really confused over the lack of dual hose/gun/injection system information on the web. It seems as if the industry is moving away from this and I'm trying to determine why. We just purchased a TGCL Rhino truck that is equipped to have the injection. I am having a hard time finding spray guns for the dual hoses. I have seen the Gregson Clark gun and I'm considering it. Seems like that is the only one! Why? Given the increase in Integrated Pest Management and the Green Movement, I would think that this is the way to go.

Pros?
    Cons?

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

The Gregson Clark setup is nice.
    BTW, I like your website & your concerns about being environmentally responsible.
    Are you aware the courses available at Phipps? http://phipps.conservatory.org/project-green-heart/index.aspx

I'll be speaking there Feb. 21 on Running a Successful Lawn Care Business with Natural Products

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Green,

I will give you that gun have posted in that other thread for free. It's made by teejet for trugreen. It fits directly on your setup. No one really uses the injection systems anymore. Why? Not really sure. Injection is the way to go for insecticides IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the offer. Just trying to figure out how to configure this truck. Why do you get rid of the injection when you purchase a TG truck?

5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

My tanks are 500/100. I wanted to have two separate systems. That gun came off of a trugreen truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

They don't work. Thats why. I mean they "Can work" sometimes but they are problematic at best and thats any number of different designs or attempts at making it work.

TG, Chemlawn, and Davey have all tried it till they were blue in the teeth.

It's expensive. Extremely high maintenance, and you're dealing with concentrated chemicals so working on the things totally suck.