1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dual Wheel Wheelbarrow

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by br549oicu8, Mar 17, 2008.

1. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you guys use a dual wheel wheelbarrow? If so what do you use?
    Looking at found a Jeep one that looks pretty well built. Pic Below:

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

TSC sells a 10 cubic foot 2 wheeler for $79 bucks. It is great for the price and since the handles are aluminum it will hold up for years.

You can load that sucker up with mulch and not worry about it tipping!
  3. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

Well I think opinions are varied. I have both 1 and 2 wheeled. I bought the 2 wheeled one for the greater capacity. I don't like to use it though because it makes me look like a woman, so I let other employees use it. Its really hard to steer around sharp corners, unlike the conventional 1 wheel version. However, when doing sod, I can carry about 9-10 rolls in mine, whereas I have trouble carrying 6 in my 1 wheel version.
    I guess its use depends on whether you need very heavy loads (mine has a capacity of about 600 lbs I think) and don't need to turn tight corners. The other consideration is whether or not you can handle being made fun of, because it happened to me whenever I used it.
  4. br549oicu8

Personally, I couldn't care less of someone making fun. We already have a lighter duty 2 wheel wheelbarrow but I'm considering a 2nd one and prefer much heavier duty. We really love the one we have....
  5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

2 wheelers are for GIRLS!!!!! I bought one awhile ago but we heckeld the guy who used it so much he grew a "set" and learned how to use a real one.
  6. br549oicu8

Now isn't that a manly answer!! LOL!!
    Like I said before..I couldn't care less what anyone says about "girlie" or anything like that. My nads work just fine and my guys prefer the double wheel model. Personal preference.....and I hope to get a pink one!! Harharhar!!
  7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Then call me a girl.

I use the 10 cu/ft 2-wheelers and I'll never go back. The whole point is that it is bigger, and saves trips. You can move a yard of mulch in 3 loads. You can put more crushed stone or larger rocks in it since it can carry more weight on the 2 wheels. You can fill it well over the rim with firewood, and have no problem moving it. It is easier. It is quicker. It is more productive. Any spud you hire for the day can work it without spilling it over. The only negative is trying to thread it through tight gardens.

Feel free to stick with your man-barrow.
  8. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

I have 6 in my basement for mulching trees they are ok still haven't used in years since my dad retired, can't carry dirt or rock without axle bending,it pulls bolts when you dump a heavy load, and you can't dump it precisely where you need it lots of clean up to much work. I have singe that can almost hold as much.
  9. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Jackson brand is the best IMO. Nothing else seems to hold up as well. They might be a few bucks more but will outlast.
  10. desii

desii LawnSite Member

Agreed!!! We have the True Temper 10 cu/ft and the 8's as well. Dual wheels hold more and are great for all terrain when mulching, less likely to tip and you can use one hand when it's empty. JMO.