"Duct tape in a pinch"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cigarcop, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

What have you had to use it for during the workday?

2. surfisher211

surfisher211 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

a band aid! and also a belt ! lol :rolleyes:

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing, we scrubs use weed eater string for everything.

No really, I hate the sticky residue all over everything. I have some in the tool box, but the only thing I use it for is trimming pampus grass.

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I've used duct tape to fix electrical wires, for bandaids, shoelaces, pretty much everything you can dream up.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You made my day I have tried a lot of ways to control pampus grass before I cut it but never thought about duct tape...thanks

6. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

Before I got my ezchute discharge blocker, I tried duct tape to do a few leaf cleanups. It worked good. But the ezchute is much better.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a hole in one of my blower tubes where it flexes. I'll be patching that up tomorrow.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I plan to build a few tiny tool holders in my enclosed. One of them will be a duck tape roll holder. You can fix anything with duck tape if you think hard enought. Can't duck it, then F#$& it. :)

9. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

this wasn't me, it was my dad some yrs ago...we were clearing some timber and brush on a duck hunting lease and the chainsaw jumped and sliced a nice 6-7 inch gash in his calf...went to the truck wiped it clean and put a piece of duct tape over it...my hero...worked about 5-6 more hrs...we went to the doctor the next day and he got i think 20 or so stitches...

10. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can't fix it with duct tape or baling wire, It ain't broke!