1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

due to the drought.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 14, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

after tommorow, i am done for the week. i'm sure though, i will have a few nutjobs calling, "what is going on, you missed my lawn this week." ya, ok, take your pill lady. as of tommorow afternoon, the recording on my answering machine will say, "due to the drought, we will be closed until at least monday 9-19. call back, at this time." is there anything wrong with THAT?
  2. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good.
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Nope. Things are toast here too, I dont blame you. Have a nice weekend.
  4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

It's reasonable, but why don't you do as many as possible and skip the dry lawns? Especially do the nut-jobs tomorrow, then they won't call!
  5. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

I show up -- hell or highwater -- until the customer CALLS me and says 'don't come.' You people who casually excuse yourselves from work simply because the grass isn't growing are burning easy money left and right.
  6. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

well i do have a few that i could skip, and have. but i also have a few that i have on contract. so i have to show every week to keep on top of weeds and blow everthing off. etc etc. plus this gives us a chance to finish up some lose ends and a landscape job or 2
  7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i'll skip the ones that are completely toast but i try and cut as many as possible or elce i have no income.
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

OH, I'M SORRY, I FORGOT, some of you, put all your eggs in one basket.
  9. NAT

NAT LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

very dry around here only thing to cut is dallias grass heads ,hoping this hurricane dumps a little rain on us,hard to fert,mow, and seed .starting to see plants on commercial sites dying.
  10. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

some of us don't need multiple baskets.