DUI while riding a mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Jun 11, 2005.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

You see that about once a year somewhere. Kind of funny and rediculous at the same time.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Here in Michigan, it is illegal to mow your own lawn with a beer in your hand. No lie,...it's in the Michigan Vehicle Code book. We went over this in school.

4. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

MUI..... mowing under the influence???????????????? :blush:

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same here in VA.

Kind of a dumb law, but it kinda makes sense, mowers are dangerous machines, just it shouldn't be under 'Driving' lol maybe more like operating a boat while intoxicated (but that's DUI too, isn't it?).

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Here you get a DUI if you are riding a bicycle while drunk. Kinda silly, but big brother needs to protect your dumb butt no matter how badly you are polluting the gene pool.

7. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

dui's for riding scooters or horses here. :rolleyes: I guess it's dangerous to take anykind of transportation on the highway, but give me a break your own lawn? That's off road.

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

yep--MUI happens. often the case for MUI has to be made ln order to make other charges stick i.e.: drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest, probable cause for drug related search, etc....

generally speaking, it's one of a law enforcement officers most feared dispatches...right behind sheep in the roadway.... lol.

PUI is big here as well. Plowing Under the Influence. usually a guy gets thirsty and jumps on the ole international harvester tractor and heads for the beer store.

GEO :waving:

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yea we just had a guy get a dui on a horse with double the legal alcohol limit. The horse was sober so I don't see the problem. It made a funny write up in the paper.

10. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

actually he was driving it down the road at 3 a.m. eee I better tell gramps not to drink and mow... he drives down the road to mow my moms house too... he always drinks while he mows... I better stop to ( I only do if it is sunday and its my own lawn)