Dumb Delivery drivers

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by johndeereguy, Mar 18, 2007.

1. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

This is how a delivery was made to my shop on Friday. They left the twppallets right in front of my door. I could not move anything to be able to move these pallets. They came back 7 hours later and moved them for me, and told me it was no big deal and people make mistakes. I guess their mistake cost thier company a good customer

000_0008.jpg

2. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that sucks nice shop I like it.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice shop!

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Not to be an a$$ here but the picture doesn't show much so where should they have gone?

Obvious answer would be in front of the door so you could move them inside. Unless you have asked for them to be dropped off in such and such area, thats where i'd have dropped them. Call me stupid but closer to the door to move them in makes sense, pull your pallet jack out and move them in.

Nathan
    All Clear

5. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Looks like a good spot to me:usflag:

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Nice Shop.. How do you like that 5th wheel camper?

7. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Um guys, I have a tractor, sitting on a trailer, in front of the truck. Why would you leave something in front of the door. Their is plenty of room off to the side to set things. Same delivery guy as last year as well. I don't use a pallet jack, kind of hard to stack pallets with one of those.

8. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

So you have a forklift then? or Your tractor has forks i take it.

How do you not have the means to move them out of your way but you have the means to stack them. That makes no sense, unless your telling me you packed your tractor with forks in the back on a trailer and put everything else in the way. :hammerhead:
    Same delivery man huh, well maybe he put em there to pi$$ on your parade or maybe he's just stupid. Who knows...

I really don't see something that would get me so bent out of shape to not have them deliver my supplies. I mean if thats my biggest worry of the day... It's a good day!!!!

Nathan
    All Clear

9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you leave directions for the guy? Surprised they came back. Seems like good service to me since they came back.

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Im suprised they came back as well, most drivers are on a tight schedule and they drop where ever they can to keep on there schedule for other deliveries. Did the company has directions on where to drop the pallets or did driver just drop it where he wanted?