Dumb Dogs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marley, May 30, 2002.

1. marley

marley LawnSite Member

I SEEM TO REALLY ENJOY BLASTING GRASS AT BARKING DOGS THAT ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF A CHAIN LENGTH FENCE. SOME TIMES THE DOGS ARE SO CRAZED THAT THEY KEEP RIGHT ON BARKING EVEN WHEN THEIR MOUTHS ARE FILLING UP WITH GRASS. IS THIS MEAN? IF IT IS I DON'T CARE.

2. Antaganising a dog is a bad idea!!!

What if they get over the fence and bite your gonads off and then eat them??????????

I don't care if you don't care, but think what that dog wants to do to you

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

What about when the dog owner sees you? Maybe he'll have your gonads too. haha

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

no no no. it's much funner when you are trimming to let the line slap thru there into their yapping mouths while slowly moving along. usually they get the idea. i used to be scared to let it pop them but now i figure they might learn a lesson.

5. Probably the only "action" the dog sees all week!
    It ain't like it's hurting him.

I used to tease 3 dogs with a backpack blower. Then tell the owner to put them in the house so I could mow the dog lot. Those dogs were so wound up you could hear them in the house over the mowers running. The dogs were having a good time but I don't think the people in the house were.

I just hate to see a dog cower at the end of a chain, trying to get away from my mower. I'll stop and talk to the dog a little to try to calm him down before I mow or else mow around him.

Dave

6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Next to one yard I mow is a privacy fence with a hole cut in the fence so the dog can stick it's head through. The whole time I'm there the dog is growling and barking. I can't imagine what this dog would do to me if it ever got loose. Between the dog, biting flies and mosquitos (because it's on a canal) I'm learing to hate this yard. If they were not such good customers I would probally just drop the account. I don't know what is worse: dogs barking at you or what they leave behind for you.

7. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimmer string in the mouth has got to hurt. But some dogs won't slow down even for that.

8. Ron9514

Ron9514 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Not to be a smart a$$ or anything but did u every stop to thing that the dog is just doing his job. The same as u are.What good is a dog that dosen't bark or growl. Now I said I vented for the day time to go to work LOL Yall:blob3:

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

no offense intended . but u fellas playin with a dangerous toy. when he gets loose some day ,he wont bark. all u will feel is his hot breath as he gets ready to sinkum in. ive been their and some of them dont bark when they are not held back by a chain or fence.if the dog dont get u a heart attack will .:)
    ps dont believe in dangerous loose dogs .
    but i better catch somebody teasing my buddy,when he is not bothering anybody..heck theres been times when the only one at the house, would speak to me, was old black jack..:)

10. marley

marley LawnSite Member

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LIKE DOGS. AND I WILL TRY TO CALM DOWN AND PET THE ONES THAT ARE SCARED AND CAN'T GET AWAY FROM THE NOISE. BUT IT'S STILL FUN TO MESS WITH THE PSHYCO ONES.