Dumb me. Hydro oil leak. Ferris

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MSlawnBoy, Mar 21, 2014.

1. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

Your probably fine as for not needing new hydro pumps. Just fix your leaks. I had a leak on my scag with only 10 hours on it. o-ring failed, and replacements kept failing after a week or two. Dealer was no help, bunch of jerk offs and I wont buy from them again. Tried putting me on a waiting list of over a week to fix my brand new mower that I need daily. No offer of a demo unit to use in the mean time. I finally got it to stop when I put in a new O-ring and sileconed the crap out of the surrounding area after installing the line back. Not pretty but hasn't leaked since.

2. M&T

M&T LawnSite Member

Wow!!!! It's amazing how some dealers just don't care about the customer. I have one of those close to where I live and I would not spend a penny in their shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. MSlawnBoy

MSlawnBoy LawnSite Member

tHANKS TO all for the help! Put 4 new hoses on and she is driving better than new! No more leaks!

And thanks on the tip with going to NAPA to get the hoses! That saved me 100 bucks!! So thank you. All 4 of the hoses were leaking, some worse than others.

All is good, wheeewww.

I'm still not sure what caused this, but it may have something to do with a lot of grass clippings and debris built up between the tires and the hoses?? It's hard to clean out with your hand, but you can bet I'll find something to use to keep that area clean!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014