Dumb question!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Apr 8, 2004.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I have a dumb question, here it is, My lazer's hourmeter says
    "00037-1/10" I know the mower does not have 37 hours on it, cause when I got it new it had zero on it two weeks ago, so does this mean 3 hrs and 7/10's of an hour?

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

yea I think it is 3 hours and 7/10. You would have been doing some serious cutting if it was 37 hours.

3. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

How many days a week do you mow? how many hours a day? Our guys could put 37 hours on a machine easily in two weeks. mowing 4 days a week at 8 hours a day = 32 hours a week x 2 weeks would be 64 hours in two weeks! so its quite possible you do have 37 hours on it.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should know if you have run it 37 hours or 3.7 hours.

5. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

You also want to take into consideration that the hour meter runs whenever the key is on, not just when the engine is running. If you accidentally left the key on, or had it on while checking things out or showing it off to your friends. The hours can really add up in a hurry. If I was to guess I would guess the 37hours, that is unless you don't have any friends that you like to show new toys to, and if you haven't be practicing on your own yard, driveway, trailer loading, etc:D

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

From yer description, I'd say 37 hours. But I could be wrong.

7. sgrprincees

sgrprincees LawnSite Member

I think it probably means 37/10, or 3.7 hours. Otherwise, it has enough digits to go into the ten thousands.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

On my hour meter, the little plastic dials that denote the hours are white and the little plastic dial that denotes the "tenth hours" is black.

Is this what yours look like?

9. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Take a picture of the hour meter.