Dummy of the Day

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Lucky Star Lawn Care, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Ya that would be me. I usually leave my keys in my truck on a jobsite but today I decided to put them in the front pocket of my hooded sweatshirt..who knows why. So that leads to them falling out into a huge pile of leaves that I had during a leaf removal job. What a PITA...I did finally find them
  2. An-A

An-A LawnSite Member

Thats a real PITA. Hate it when stuff like that happens
  3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I once dropped my cell phone into a trailer full of leaves. Had my employee call me, but the phone was on vibrate. Thank god, when he called I was standing right over top of the phone and could feel it vibrating. Or, the time I jumped in the pool w/ the phone still strapped to my hip. I've been through lots of phones.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I've had the title dummy of the day a more than a few times this year. I also have been through more phones than I care to remember.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Been there, done that! Only it was my truck FULL of pampas grass. It was also on vibrate, and I didn't have another phone to call it with for almost 2 hours. Couldn't hear it vibrate in the truck when I did get the 2nd phone from a friend because I live in town and there's CONSTANT traffic noise. Had to drive back out into the suburbs, where I had lost it, before I finally found it in the truck bed. The price we pay to be "connected
    " :laugh:
  6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I was plowing a driveway last weekend, the residents came out to move 3 cars. One car had to be pushed, so one customer and I pushed it. While pushing, his keys must have fallen out of his pocket and landed in the snow. I continued plowing the driveway, and plowed the keys deep into a 6' high mound of packed snow at the end of the driveway. His car was stranded in the middle of the road, in a snowstorm.

Oh well...April is only 3 months away!
  7. Dustbag

Dustbag LawnSite Member

I'm pleading the 5th for fear of incrimination.................. :eek:

BTW - Great thread.
  8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

my wife once left the keys in the truck and locked the door because I had told her the doors would not lock if the keys were in it. What she misunderstood was if the key was IN THE IGNITION. DUMBASS. Love that woman.
  9. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Went to dump 5 yards of soil in my yard, opened the tail gate and dumped the load.Then noticed my cell phone was missing.Thought I lost it somewhere else until I started shoveling days later and found it after shoveling the first yard.Duh.
  10. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member