Dump and go

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by franniedog, Mar 21, 2006.

1. franniedog

franniedog LawnSite Member

Just curious as to whether anyone else has one of these and if so how they like it.Dump and go is a specific lawn maint.truck.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't have one, but they are made 20 miles from me. How do you like yours? How well does it dump with the "live floor"? I wondered if a person would have problems will grass getting under the trailer wheels?

I don't think I have seen anyone on here metntioned having one....except yourself. There might have been one other person, but not for certain.

Matt

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The demo video for it on their website was made right here in Hutchinson! I know the guy that got to drive that rig for about 2 weeks or so. I, of course, had to stop at his place a couple times and drool over it. Realy neet how the dump bin works by remote, and the rear ramp is totally hudraulic as well. He said the one problem with it was the fact that the deck is so high. Without the ramp down there's really no easy way to get small stuff off the thing without a lot of climbing. It also was lacking any kind of trimmer and blower racks, and really, if you wanted to put some on the sides the top rack would be like 8 feet in the air...

It's certianly a sweet set up for walker mowers, or any mower that has a dump from the seat hopper type catcher. The total capacity of the big bin was huge.

I'd love to see them come up with a miniature version of the loader and bin that could fit on a 1 ton truck chassis. Forget all the rest, just pull your regular trailer. I know they do have something like that, but it's still on a much bigger cab-over truck. Actually, I think if they would build just the loader bin and the J track and the lifting mechanism to fit onto the sides of trucks like mine they could really make a lot of money. Loading the truck with the material is the worst part sometimes, expecailly when doing landscape work when you have wheelbarrow loads of debris to get into a dump truck.

Also, I see that it's been about a year and a half since you got it. Any problems? hows it holding up?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=75057

4. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know how much those trucks cost? I like them they serve a dual purpose. I checked out that one Izuzu NPR with the 3,000lb dump attachment and it was sweet. I was wondering, whats the biggest landscape body you can get with that type of set-up? I really like the truck. I does away with a dump truck to some extent. I hope someone that knows about these trucks can answer my questions. I sent away for some literature, because I am very interested.

Ollie.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That one in the thread was $35,000 for the truck and $19,000 for the bed and setup from dump'n'go. I feel fairly confident those prices are up considerably due to the rising cost of steel in the last couple years.

6. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

Thanks, I read the threads and I decided the truck was too expensive for my taste. My commercial Isuzu dealer can only get a 14x4 landscape body on an NPR. I laughed and left. I went back to Dumpngo's web site and they make bodies, for this truck I just hope they are reasonable. I know that wil-ro does and they are out of Tennessee, and they of course install. Thanks for the pricing once again. I was looking at an enclosed Mitsubishi landscape bodied truck but I only saw an 18' footer, I'm looking for a 24' footer. I just have to be patient.

Ollie.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Have you EVER posted anything except post trying to get kids to drool over your homemade wannba flippin truck??? :dizzy: :dizzy: GEEZZZZ

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Not even close to HOMEMADE and certianly NOT a wannabe. http://www.dumpandgo.com/products.htm