Dump Bed Inserts OK ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BonesMalone, Jan 20, 2013.

1. BonesMalone

BonesMalone LawnSite Member

Would like any feedback on brands of Dump Bed inserts, and what your experience has been with them. Trying to save some money over a dump trailer. It would only be used 2X week.

2. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Ez dumper. What type of material you plan on using it for and what truck? I've used it in F250 gasser 4x4 for grass and mulch. Works wonders. Not sure of I'd load it with top soul or a bunch of stone
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. joemower

joemower LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. joemower

joemower LawnSite Member

I love our Amerideck. You can lower them down to the ground and also switch bodies just like a hock lift system. It was a great addition for us.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I have an EZ-Dumper in my chevy and its a brute. I put everything in it... Mulch, loom, stone, grass, leaves. The stone was the only thing that made it ever squeeze when dumping, but 2 yards of 3/4 trap rock...

6. BonesMalone

BonesMalone LawnSite Member

Just going to use it for grass and mulch, maybe sometimes topsoil

7. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Have a truckcraft works really well. I only wish that i would have bought a 1 ton dump less sheet metal to mess up when loading things into the bed

8. johnslandscaping

johnslandscaping LawnSite Member

How much did you pay for one of these systems?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. johnslandscaping

johnslandscaping LawnSite Member

I have a ez dump and a bri mar dump insert love the gravity down over the power down. Much quicker and able to stop sliding load faster. The inserts are pretty strong wish I went with aluminum, due to putting salt in them in the winter is harsh on them. Just keep up with washing and painting them so they don't get rusty. I didn't do that with my mason dump and the floor had to be replaced.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

How much does a system like this go for?