1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump bed or Flat bed?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bbailey, Aug 5, 2006.

1. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Its getting time to replace my dump bed on my F-350. It is in pretty rough shape! Torn between another dump bed or a flat bed for my truck.(the flat bed would also be a dump). Wondering what you guys thought and what you might have? The flat bed seems more universal if it had removable sides and such. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!!!

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't rule out a dump bed with fold down sides! Then you could have the best of both worlds.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Flat bed dumps for me. I made the sides in sections so one guy can remove them by him self.

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Flatbed with sides. Used quite that setup quite a bit. Works good most of the time.

I have flatbed without a hoist on my old pickup

5. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

A Flat bed may be the way to go...welding the stake pockets on the side.
    Also you can make 2 diff size sides...say one set 2 feet high and a set 4 feet for your leaves and mulch...clean ups etc.
    Daner

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dump bed with fold down sides.

7. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i think a dumping rack body will be my next truck. it will hold lots of grass clippings,mulch and hold a large leafbox in the fall.

8. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i would hve to say the flat bed with the dump