dump body won't lower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by shop22, Sep 21, 2007.

1. shop22

shop22 LawnSite Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a buddy with an 00 ford 450 dump and he has trouble with the box lowering when it's raised. I can't remember the type of dump body but he says if he raises the box about 8-12 inches it will lower fine. Once it gets any higher, it takes a long time for it to come down. I was thinking it would be one of the solenoids on the dump valve but I have not seen the truck or worked on alot of dumps. any help is gratly appreciated.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have electric over hydrolic and my release solenoid craped out with in the first month of use. No warning, nothing, the body went up but would not come down. Put on a new one and has worked fine. Not much you can do with the body all the way up except park it.

3. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

My official online guess is the raise/lower control cable needs to be adjusted.

Scott

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Depending on who made the lift, some times you can switch the solenoid to get the unit down, if they are the same solenoid. And depending on the maker, you could have a spool valve that is bad. Hope this is aome help.