dump for lawn equipment

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by fga, Feb 4, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for setting up a 3/5 yard dump for lawn service. I'm not using a trailer for now, so I need to hang the blower on the side, along w/ hand tolls, etc.. I have nice tool boxes installed on the truck for the smaller hand tools and accesories. Any ideas?

2. patriottruck

patriottruck LawnSite Member

Do you already have a body mounted or are you setting up a new truck?

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Everything is already mounted. I have 1 tool box on both sides of the underneath the dump body, and one really long one on top of the dump body, over the cab. I just bought some 2 * 8's for the sides, piece of plywood to seperate the bed front to back if needed to dump things.
    Looking to tilt the tailgate down lower then horizontal so can use ramps for the heavier equipment, thatcher, 32" mower (soon). But i have to put 2 21"lawn boys, edger, 2 weedwhackers, 1 blower, gas cans, all the hand tools, ladder. Maybe more i can't think of right now.

I know to some of you guys, might not think of this as alot of equipment, but in the peak of the summer, we're cutting just shy of 100 accounts a weekpayup . The 32" mower's gonna be a great help. and a pain in the butt to fit in this set up, I think.

4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Here's a few things to consider. The general dump box is already 8' or 8'6" wide. This is the maximum width of any vehicle going down the road without having an oversize permit. You wouldn't want to have anything hanging out any further than the actual width of the truck. You could build an extended front bumper and put a larger box there or maybe build a box up on the cab protector. You could also add racks that are reversed so that the equipment hangs inside the truck, but it may get in the way of loading ect.