1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dump him for $30?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 9, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'll tell ya, my whole day is ruined now. i got a call this morning, "i don't understand this bill. it says you were here twice in augest, i know you were only here once." now, the bills were sent out weeks ago. the payment is overdue, and he waits till sept 8th to adress it. i say he's gone. i don't tolerate crap like this. you dumping or keeping?
  2. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

One thing I've learned in this business is a zebra never changes his stripes. This person sounds like a loser. He/she will never change. I personally would drop them, but another option would be to keep them but raise their rate a couple dollars.
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i get this with old people sometimes, i tell them i keep very accurate record, and will double check, yep i was there twice ......any further disagreement and they are gone..... and a reminder that they now owe a late fee.....
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Pucker up and give them a big wet one. That $30 can buy you meal and were all entitled to 1 mistake. LOL
  5. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

How do these people KNOW you were only there once? Were they sitting on their porch 24/7 watching their lawn? That is the operative question you ask if they still have something to say. Also, tell them that they know they have a good service if their company shows up, makes a dust storm, stirs up the property, and you can't even tell they were there when its all said and dun!

Sometimes I feel like I should mess a part of their lawn up just to make sure they knew I was there.
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i made some up with date of service and services performed, stick on the door...... they know i show up on time, every week , but some old folks forget so i try to be as kind as possible..... :)
  7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I've still got one customer like this, pulls this crap once a year. I have gone up on her price to help cover it and am waiting for a request to do an add on service. I now see this as a game and and patiently waiting to make it all back plus interest. :) payup I don't like playing games but, I play to win.
  8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Kick him to the curb and mulch him.

If you did it twice he's outright calling you a liar. I had an old dill hole try that on me once with a fall clean-up bill (a week later and a few wind blown leaves on his property).Once. I said that's bullshiznet, he paid and I fired his arse. He's been thru all the landscapers around here.
  9. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Collect and dump him. enough said...
  10. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Fixed yearly pricing fixes this up easily