Dump insert

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kjslawn, Jan 10, 2008.

1. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a new one I found on the web dump-pro.com

2. kjslawn

Sorry has anyone heard of them they open to 60 degrees dump angle

3. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

they're junk, IMO. I used to work for a company that used those. they don't hold much, expect to dump once or twice a day if your mowing full time. also fill it up with wet grass or a load of dirt (i noticed they did that in one of their pics) and it really strains to lift it. we hauled 1 yard of river rock in it one day and we had to shovel half of it out to get the dump to raise. the winch cable wears out quick and get a few heavy loads in it and the frame rails bend. now the two they had just sit in the corner of their lot. If you want a dump bed I would suggest getting a hydraulic set up. Its more expensive but it will last A LOT longer and will give you fewer headaches. Hope that helps.

4. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

here's a dump kit that uses an air bag

<a href="http://www.loadhog.com">www.loadhog.com</a>

I don't know how good these ones are either though. maybe someone has used it? I still think hydraulic is the way to go.

5. kjslawn

Thanks for the info I really like the ez-dump.com just want to check all product before I buy

6. terribentti

terribentti LawnSite Member

TAKE IT FROM ME, FOR THE PRICE AND FLEXIBILITY, THEY WORK GREAT. I PUT ONE TOGETHER AND USE IT FOR ALL KINDS OF STUFF. BETTER THAN A SHOVEL AND NOT AS HEAVY AS HYDRAULIC. ALSO, DON'T RUST OUT AND ARE EASILY REMOVABLE (OVER AND OVER). HAVE YOU TAKEN A (trip to the) DUMP TODAY?

7. kjslawn

Which one are you talking about? The plastic one? How much was it?

8. terribentti

terribentti LawnSite Member

Call them and ask. They have kits, or preassembled, and other options for your specific need. Also, have 2 year warranty on them. Great for lighter trucks (and even the heavy ones) :)