Dump insert

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerbrad, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a Stahl service body on my truck right now and really want to put a dump insert in it for leaf clean-ups. So far I haven't been able to find one that will fit in a service body. The only thing that I have found is a service/dump body combo. Does anyone know if there is a company that makes one?

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i dont know of anything on the market. could a load handler be modified to fit? thats about the only thing i can think of.

3. mowerbrad

A load handler could be modified but I would rather go with a dump insert if I can because the capacity would be greater.

4. dura to the max

from georgia

yeah, thats all i know of though, unless you REALLY modified a dump insert. it doesnt seem to me that all this is worth the hassle, there isnt that much room in a stahl body for leaves anyway...

5. mowerbrad

I'd build up sides on the dump insert so I would have a leaf box. So far I can't find any insert that will fit my service body, and modifying a dump insert seems like too much of a hassle than what it is really worth.

6. dura to the max

from georgia

it just seems so narrow between the sides to me (the center "bed" of the stahl body). even w/ the high sides it seems small

7. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

I believe ttruckcraft has an insert for service bodies.

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

now dont make fun of me, but i made my own dump bed insert for my truck. a few pieces of osb a couple of pieces of metal and a winch and there you go. i will post some pics when i get a chance. its ugly but if it can dump the leaves then its alright. anyone else attempt to build their own dump insert?

9. t j lawn care

t j lawn care LawnSite Member

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I think those are neat, the inserts that is. I may get one if I ever have a 250 or 350. I don't think it would look good on a 1/2 ton