Dump Insert

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gvlawncare, Mar 23, 2003.

1. gvlawncare

gvlawncare LawnSite Member

I did a search on this site about dump inserts for P/U trucks, and still didnt find a good answer. So here goes...I am going to buy a dump insert for my F-250. Is there a brand that you would suggest or suggest I stay away from? I've looked at a few different makes and they all look well built, but are there any that stand out from one another as far as quality and reliability? Go with a single cylinder, or double? I am guessing that picking up a load shouldn't be a problem even with single cylinder models because they are rated for far more than my truck will handle as far as payload. I know someone said to stay away from Truckcraft because of bad Mfg. support. Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks....MATT

2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

In my F-250 i have an ez dump it works out great for the small stuff from cleanups.
    Jason

3. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I will counter the Truck Craft complaint - I have the TC-120 insert and have had zero problems, it is constructed of aluminum & stainless steel and I hope it lasts forever (for the price it should).
    Prior to the TC I had a conversion kit installed which tipped my pickup bed, it worked well (6000# lift) but I hated watching the bed wobble as I drove down the road without a load. If you opt for one of the steel inserts (lot less expensive) get a lot of touch up paint to halt the rust.
    BobR

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i have both seen and heard many good things about ez dump, they look good, have seen them work well, and have heard from many people especially on here good things.

5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I just went down the same road so heres my .02 worth. I looked at TruckCraft, E-Z Dumper, and Pathfinder. I ended up buying the E-Z Dumper and I love it. Today was it's maiden dump and it was great. I found the E-Z seems to be built a little better than the Truckcraft and I did not like what I saw when I looked at Pathfinder. I have friends both E-Z's and TruckCraft and none have had trouble with either so it's really in what you like best.

6. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

The dump body is built good and the hydraulics are strong. But, the support is NOT there. They are terrible!!!! And that is no lie. I went round and round with a control box and they did not know what i was talking about. Cause they do not make it. An outside compnay does. Would you like to take your car to 4-5 different places when it needs brakes,motor work, tranny work???? Then stay away from the truckcraft. Like i said no support. Especially when the guy hung up on me when i told him his support was lacking along with his quality of product. The MAIN office on the east coast told me that basically they are selling a throw away product with a working life of 3years. That is when i let him have it!!!!!!!!!

Take it for what it is worth!

Andy

P.S. If the main office was near me i would strangled the guy. That is how mad he had me!

7. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

If My E-Z Dumper is dead in 3 years I will be very :angry: :angry: :angry: .

8. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have only had experience with the EZ-dumper, but I have no complaints. It is 7 years old and still works great. I have heard others say that the scissor-lift cylinder doesn't have enough power, but I feel that it is adequate. Works great for mulch, gravel, leaves, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Here is a pic of the dumper. I just built some wood sides the other day if anyone wants to see a pic with them on.

ezdump.jpg

9. double e

double e LawnSite Member

That EZ Dumper looks nice- I'm thinking about getting one for my crew cab- that way 4 men can go to a job with a dump truck, instead of taking 2 trucks- also nice for firewood

Just curiuos- what would be a ball park price of one of those dumps

10. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I have been thinking of these pick-up bed inserts.

I like the last one (EZ Dumper) in the blue Chevy.

What do these cost? Did you install them? How much will they dump?

I'm gonna start looking more seriously.