dump insert

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Rich's Lawn Care, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I was think of geting a dump insert for my F350 can someone tell me if they work good or not.

thanks Rich
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Hey Rich, I have heard great things about them, they have been talked about alot on here and there are some pics if you do a search. Coastal Metal Fab makes and sells them in Topsham, I was looking at getting one for my 88 1 ton, they were around $1995 (stainless for about $2400+) usually about $150-$200 to install. Landscaper 3 just picked a stainless one for his F350 and it looks sweet, he posted pics the other day. Route 202 Trailer sales sells them to. I know I've said this a hundred times but Uncle Henry's has a few ads for the in the Trailer & Truck Accessories sections.
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes worth it, stainless very-very-very light weight. Light enough to still put my 2 yard Fisher sander in it and not take away my GVW. Goes up in like 10-13 seconds empty and down in 18-20 seconds alot faster then our 2 yard dump.

4. landscaper3

6600 LBS lifting capacity. If you want long gevity get the stainless but is around $600 more.

5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I just put a E-Z Dumper insert in my truck this spring and it is great. Now I don't have to shovel out leaves, grass or brush at the end of the day. Dumping mulch is nice too. Bottom line is they are the best thing next to a 1 ton dump and are well worth the money.
  6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine doesn't look as nice as Brians, but it works great.

I have the ez-dumper in my truck. I just started using it this year, but is about 7 years old. I have been working the heck out of it. So far, I have hauled gravel, sand, compost, mulch, leaves, and grass. Handles the weight very well (most I have put in it is 4200 lbs).

I have a few pics I can post.

This one is a pic of the truck loaded with mulch. I would recommend building some type of sides. I can remove mine in about a minute. It more than doubled my capacity (volume-wise).

7. GLS

This is just a pic of it dumping some compost. 4 cu yds, not sure how much it weighed.

8. GLS

Last one.

I like this method of unloading mulch when it needs to be spread. Just pull the wheelbarrow(s) up to the tailgate, and tip the dumper up a little (not enough to unload it all) and sort of rake it down into the wheelbarrow. It is much easier than scooping IMO.

9. landscaper3

Oryano, I like the sides you made for your insert.:D With those sides how much can you put in (Mulch) We can get 8 or more in dump truck but not sure on the insert?
  10. GLS

With the sides I built, 5 max (like in the pic above), but 4 to be safe. I would have built the sides higher, but I wanted it to fit in the garage:)