1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dump Inserts For Truck

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Enzo, May 15, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

I have a question to ask everyone, I need something that is efficient, holds alot of weight, and can easily dump when i go to the dump. I currently have a Ford F250 with an 8 foot bed. I need to put a dump insert in because it takes forever to go tot he dump and empty out with a shovel or pitchfork. Does anyone know of any good companies that are reasonably cheap and are good quality?
  2. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

I have two downeasters. They are decent. Dump 2.5 yards of dirt without issue. I have had some problems, but they were mostly dealer related. It is a single hydro in the centre and it would be nicer to have duel hydros.
  3. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

Yeah I heard of that company, but I am not sure who sells them in CT
  4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

northern tool has em on their website

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Bri-Mar inset. I love it. Hope that helps a little bit. One of the best investments that I've ever made.
  6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

why not look into just getting a dump trailer?
  7. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

Hi Enzo
    Go to www.sandspreader .com
    That is Downeasters website. I bought one a year ago, $2800 installed and its a power up and power down. I love this dump box. I use it for salting in winter and summer it carrys mulch and leaves from clean-ups. If you are not too far from Erie PA you can get Jerre at jerre's service to install it for the same price he is a dealer.

Regards Mike
  8. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

Yeah I checked out the Downeaster site it looks pretty good. I was searching just now and found the EZ-Dumper. There is a dealer very close by to me that I am thinking of using. I also found out that Avalanche snow plow sells a Dump Insert called the Landslide. Would any of these two companies be good as well? I cant get a dump trailer since I am hauling my enclosed trailer with equipment in so that wouldnt be possible. The Bri mar insert looks pretty good as well. I just want some input on what everyone thinks.

Thanks, Enzo
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I tried to land EZ-Dumps mowing account. The manufacturer plant is right in my back yard. Of course I was to late and didn't get it. The guy doing it leaves alot of trash (clipping) everywhere and doesn't trim any small trees or around the shrubs they have.
  10. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

My 2 cents is either Downeaster or a BriMar. the guys selling ezdumpers her want alot more money and my Downeaster has a power up and down cylinder.

Regards Mike