Dump Inserts??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PlatinumLandCon, Sep 27, 2008.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

For you guys with dump inserts, what are the pros and cons? Which manufacturer is best?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

EASY DUMPER JUST WENT UNDER SO left over stock is cheep
  3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Really eh? Where do I get my hands on it?
  4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a Maxi-Dump insert. Best $3K I ever spent.

Pros- Well built, durable, reliable
    Push a button, it goes up, your load dumps
    Little or no modifications necessary to the truck itself.

Cons- A little spendier than a Loadhandler
    Heavy (1000 lbs)- IMO these things are not feasible to use in a 1/2 pickup at all.
    Load height is around 6" higher than stock

If you have a HD pickup and you regularly haul bulk materials, these inserts are the way to go. If your pickup has decent payload capacity stock (my 2500HD Chevy had nearly 4000 lbs. stock from the factory) your payload is close to a 3500 dually mason dump truck. A 2WD regular cab Chevy 3500 dually pickup with a 10,000 lb. Maxi-dump insert should be able to haul over 5,000 lbs. without exceeding rear axle ratings. FWIW, I've hauled over 4,000 lbs in mine which is a bit much, but both the truck and insert handle 3,000 lbs. very easily.
  5. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Truck Craft insert in my 2500hd, also the best money I've ever spent.

Pros and just like hose jockey said. The Truck Craft is bulletproof, well built, quick up and down, also no mods to the truck itself. Also one thing I love about it is that it sits low in the truck, I hate when they look so high in the bed of the truck.

Only con I can really think of is the extra weight, however the Truck Craft is only 750lbs, and I installed air bags in the rear suspension of my truck so its not an issue.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Search for username RedwingsDet. He has a nice one in his 2500hd. I think its a downeaster but I'm not positive.
  7. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

EZ Dumper was bought out by Bri Mar...according to my local trailer dealer.
    I just bought an EZ Dumper 6x12 trailker and there will be no issues with warranty or anything like that. I would not hesitate to buy one of their inserts.
  8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah, "little tipstir" lot O' money. I was quoted over 4K for one! I agree they might have a little tiny bit more lifting capasity but my Downeaster has done everything I aked it to do so far. 2 tons of salt are no problem, 5yrds of mulch dont even make it struggle. Easy to mount up, with Fords you dont even need to drill new holes, they bolt right into the existing bed bolt holes. The only thing I can complain about is the paint. Not the bed itself but the frame and rails. Mine started flaking paint off within a few weeks.
  10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have a TruckCraft Aluminum nad Stainless steel......it only weighs 400Lbs.......will dump far more than I can haul......expensive but totally worth it.......I also bought the salter add on......can't wait to use it.....