Dump Insert's?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lil'MowinMan93, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

What is the weight differnce comparing steel to aluminum models?

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

About 500-600 pounds.

3. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

So, looks like I'd be better off with an Aluminum one then, lighter dumper = more material.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

My truckcraft insert weights in at 420 lbs. Saving 300-400 lbs for material. Plus, you don't have to worry about it rusting out.

5. G.S. Landscaping

G.S. Landscaping LawnSite Member

Can anyone help me out with the. The proublem i have is that i want to have a toolbox in my truck when i get one and i but i want a bed insert too i was thinking mabey get the short bed insert for a long bed and put a tool box i need your opinions..

6. hanson's glc

hanson's glc LawnSite Member
    from mn

buy the long one and just put the tool box in it. then if you need the extra room you can just pull the tool box. looks better to. just the tools maybe mixed up after dumping.

7. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

dont waste your money , tool box or dumper you cant do both..............

8. hanson's glc

hanson's glc LawnSite Member
    from mn

why can't you???????????? i have both and done it. if you need both make it work. i have a cuting wheel and a welder. i will make it work. if some one dosen't make what i want i make it.

9. mowerman41

mowerman41 LawnSite Senior Member

I got my dump insert at Pathfinder Plow in RI. It cost me 2400 installed. But the dump is 9' instead of 8' and it has the cab protector extra chains and tarp. I put firestone airbags in the rear end of my 2003 F-250 Superduty, it takes 7 yards of mulch without sagging and dumps it NO problem:weightlifter:

10. TC LAWNCARE

TC LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I have a downeaster insert that came with cab protector and only paid $2200 for it brand new. Had to travel 6 hours total to get it,but well worth the savings. Works great and love being able to still bring my trailer with equiptment and have insert loaded with material.