dump inserts

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Four Season's, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

3. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. Made by EZ-dumper...works great. I would highly recommend them. I might consider a stainless version next time though. Either that or line-x it. Mine is starting to form some rust, has some holes on the siderails. Not sure how much longer it's gonna hold up. It has lasted 10 years though without problems.

dump.jpg

4. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks GLS.

How does your truck handle loads? (loam for example)

5. GLS

Truck handles loads just fine. I can put 5 yards of mulch in the back with sides. I've had 4 yards of compost in it. Topsoil I only put about 2 yards (wet topsoil) in. I usually keep it under 2 tons, but i've had 2.35 tons of material in it.

I also have a set of overload springs to keep the truck from sagging a lot. I have a pic if you want to see it.

Here is the latest load of material. Dirt/sod mixture from re-edging flower beds.

load.jpg

6. GLS

Also, what size of truck do you have; 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton? I wouldn't suggest using a half ton, especially if you'll be loading it with loam.

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

How much do these dump inserts run? I was thinking of getting a dump trailer but the dump insert intrigues me also. Just wondering what they tend to run?

8. pines

pines LawnSite Member

9. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

Our E-Z dumper with cab protector cost us almost 2,000 even. It took a few hours to get it bolted into the bed, but it was one of the best investments we ever made.

We put it into the back of a 1990 F350 Single rear wheel. It's not a very lightweight insert, but a one ton will handle it with a load just fine.

Todd

10. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Thanks TerraCare. I am gonna look into this before spending more money on a dump trailer.