1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dump inserts

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Four Season's, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

GLS That is such a awsome truck!!!!every time i see it i want one more.
  2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Ramp consists of: 2"x10"x10', (2) 2"x4"x10' on the sides for support. There is a metal ramp "kit" on the part that contacts the tailgate. Works really good for pushing heavy wheelbarrow loads up.

Thanks Eric 1:)

Pricing -- they usually go for about $2k-$2.4k. I have heard that the stainless ez-dumper is about $800 more but weighs about 100lbs more. I have heard that the truck craft aluminum/stainless insert (tc-120 I think) goes for about $4k, but only weighs about 400lbs. Don't know this for sure, just what i've heard. Call ez-dumper or truck craft and they will give you the nearest distributer and price.
  3. Shane472

Shane472 LawnSite Member

Could you please post some information on the overload springs as well as any other pictures you might have of your truck. I'm really starting to like the idea of a dump insert and am thinking it's something I might want to look into.
  4. pines

pines LawnSite Member

I just made a ramp as you described it and man it is awesome!! Thanks.
  5. GLS

Glad I could help you pines.

Shane -- My overload springs consist of a pack of 4 leaf springs that bolt on top of the original leaf springs and have around 1" of "play" before they contact. I can't explain it very well but you can see in the next two pictures what I mean...

6. GLS

They're sitting close in the previous pic.

I think some new trucks come from the factory with a couple of leaf overload springs...camper package maybe, not sure.

This pic shows them further away.

7. GLS

Additional springs or other devices are not necessary but keep the suspension from bottoming out with extremely heavy loads and help prevent sag when loaded.

Other options are: helper springs, addition leaf springs added to the original pack of springs, timbren load boosters, or air bags (probably the best option, but expensive; I havn't used them yet).

I'll throw in a pic of the dumper I took today at a mulch job (70 cu. yds.)...

8. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

GLs, how much did those springs cost you and did you install them yourself? Thanks

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

I have the little tipster and it works great, i had the easy dumper but they rust out to fast for me.What ever kind you buy spend the extra money for stainless steel.I have a 2001 f-350 diesel with heavy duty everything and it still use to bottom out . I put a set of timbers rubber bushings no more problems.They cost around $165.00 . It depends on what kind of work you are planning on doing. If you buy the dump trailer after a while it will be a pain in the butt ,you will say the hell with it.good luck
  10. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah, another pic......drool drool drool:cool2: