Dump Or Equipment Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Sep 12, 2007.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. i am contiplating getting a dump trailer this spring that can handle carring a 8k or 9k lb. skidsteer vs. a true equipment trailer. Have any of you used a set up like this before? How did it work out? Thanks.

2. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I use my dump trailer for my 8000lb mini EX and a 753 bob cat. The bob cat fits in a 12' dump box . I like to back it up the ramps because its funny backing down the ramps coming out .I have a zero tail spin EX and like to pull in blade to the front of the trailer and push with the bucket .I block the trailer with a wood block so it cant lift the back of the truck when im on the ramp.I lift the EX with the bucket to remove the blocks then spin the cab inside the trailer and chain the bucket to the top of the dump bed . I had my welder make a bucket holder for over the tool box but it still at his shop .I have three 12' trailers and 1 10' i would start looking fora used one in January.

3. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

So what are u going to go with? I am sitting on the fence too