1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dump Pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pike, Oct 24, 2004.

1. pike

pike LawnSite Member

Anyone familiar W/Dump Pro? It's a heavy duty plastic dump insert that operates with a winch and cable. Can be removed quickly and stored.
    Looks sort of light duty but may have some applications.
    Co. # 1-866-438-6777
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Here's the site. http://www.dump-pro.com/pgs/prods/products.htm It looks pretty cool, but I wonder what the price comparability is compared to something like an EZ Dumper. Also, I'm not sure how sturdy it would be as far as lifting capacity.
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

$ 1795.00 in kit form
    $ 1995.00 pre assembled
    $ 200.00 quick change out kit to go from truck to truck
    $ Upwards of $300. +/- for shipping
    $100.00 Expo discount thru Oct. 31
  4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it, nice and light, the change out is cool to.

but the price seems a bit high, for just alittle more i could get an EZ dumper.
  5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks real cool but I would like a 6-foot bed version as well as the 8 since I have both in my fleet and emptying grass clippings can sometimes take a half an hour.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It sure would be handy for salt. You could buy bulk and not have to handle bags. I would much rather shovel material that 1/3 the cost than to be handling those bags again. This, combined with being able to use it for other things, makes it attractive.
  7. pfifla1

pfifla1 LawnSite Member

much rather have a dump trailer... i bet that thing would rip
  8. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Um for $890 you can get a kit from northern tool that turns the bed of your truck into a dump bed.
  9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Joe, I demoed this unit at Expo, and was pretty impressed by the ability of the dumper. The first thing I didn't like was there is no pockets for stakes / sideboards, but Mark told me they are making a kit that will retrofit all of their units. It is constructed of heavy gauge steel, but with a channel frame, it weighs half or less of other similar dumpers. Mark told me they weighed an EZ Dumper in at over 900#, and I think this one weighs about 385-400#. It cycles in less than 30 seconds at a +60 degree angle. Very cool for clippings and such.It's rated for 3000#, and believe me, I don't think the tubwould ever crack, it's pretty tough stuff.BTW-It will also hold water, could double as a 20" deep pool at the end of the day :p