1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dump sites in south-east PA?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tgrebis, Jan 21, 2001.

1. tgrebis

tgrebis LawnSite Member

Just curious about where everyone puts their leaves and brush debri. I used to dump on a farm and in my back yard occasionally but these resources aren't going to work anymore. Any ideas or specifics?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

In Delaware County you can dispose of that stuff at Llanerch Landfill...it is an old quarry on Rte 1 that accepts clean fill. Haven't used them in a while so not sure what their pricing is, but it was fairly reasonable from what I recall.
  3. double e

double e LawnSite Member

Veteran's Stadium

Go GIANTS!
  4. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Try mulching your leaves. As far as brush I use friends in the tree bus. to chip and haul away. If you want to dump expect to pay $32/1000lb. In montgomery county there are several places I know of if, you are a little more specific about your location I might be able to tell you where to go.
    Try looking in the phone book under refuse or demolition.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If your willing to go to Wilmington, theres a land fill off of Rt495 called Chery Island. The rates are $58 per ton.
  6. tgrebis

tgrebis LawnSite Member

chip I am located in montgomery county, in UpperDublin. They don't allow landscapers to dump at the recycle place. Any other places you know of?

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

tinari's Indoor dump in hunington valley.