Dump system bagger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by echo8287, Nov 25, 2007.

1. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Anyone have a Scag with the clamshell dump bagger or an Exmark with the Quick dump bagger? I wanted to know how hard they are to remove for each model. I would only be bagging in the fall. Also if you don't mind what do they cost? David

2. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Nobody has one of the dump systems?

3. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

I'm interested also, will the dump (bagger) sys. fit on all Z-turns or just some?

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

in the fall if you bag all your lawns then you are putting it on once and taking it off at the end of the season you should have no problem. they cost mostly between 1500-2000 some even more.

corbster what mower do you have? check there website most mowers have one made buy the same company as the mower

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I know they are much more cumbersome than the bag models, and usually take two people to install and remove. Another thing is, is that they don't have quite the capacity of the cloth baggers. Pro? You are able to dump from the seat. This is great for dumping in fields, if you have a setup that you can drive up into your truck (or trailer) to dump, or for curbside pickup. If you are manually loading into your truck, though...you are still having to dump on a tarp (or I suggest two tarps side by side slightly overlapped if it is heavy material). With the cloth bags, they are proportioned for easier handling.
    Now, some of the after market baggers, like the Peco vac, forGET it. There is NO WAY you are going to install this with one person unless some sort of stand or rack is fabricated for lifting and holding the unit.

6. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the scag w/ the clam shell. It was very heavy,and the tube from the blower stoped up often. I would not recommend it to anyone. It bounced around until it broke the brackets that held it on. My guys and i both hit numerous things with it, resulting in more money spent and 2 lost yards. It sits up way to high in the air and it is hard to pay attention to everything.Plus if you are cutting anything on a hill could be dangerous.

This spring i traded it in on the exmark 54 w/ the 2 bag setup and no problem. I would highly recommend the bags over the dump. Another plus is you can get some construction clean up trash bags and put them right inside the cloth bags on your mower.Then when they are full just pull it out tie them up. No mess, no tarps, and if you need to you can throw the bag right in the dumpster.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 3 Hasty Vac clamshells collections systems on 3 of my Ferris Z's (3000, 3100, and a 4000).

All I can say is I absolutely love them. They all have side mounted Intek 6.5 hp motors. There is nothing better than pulling up to the curb or woods, pull a lever, bump the mower controls forward little and watch 1/2 yard of leaf debris fall out in like 5 seconds (or less).

Yes, you need 2 people to pick the container up and place it into its' mounting frame. So what? Everything else you can do by yourself.

8. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

I have a JD Z425 and I have looked on JohnDeere site with no luck...so I guess I'm out of luck. Is there a site out there that fabricates Dumps for the Z425's?? I did see that this option (dump from seat) on the high end Comm. mowers.

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Hustler has the best vac unit on the market for on site dumping. The vac unit can be instaled and removed by one person in less than 2 minutes, with out tools.

10. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I have a QDC on my lazer it works well as long as you have aplace to dump. Sometimes i think it could hold more but still beats raking. it does take 2 to take off unless you are giant .Only takes afew mins. tho