Dump the Bizz or the Wife

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

(please no raging on me for this. it was not like this until the 4th month's after marriage)

my wife wants me to dump the lawn company because, she thinks spending money to make money is moronic. And wants me to get a normal job (wal-mart, bk, McDonald's) she also, thinks a lawn bizz is stupid and a waste of time. I was even looking in doing Tupperware on the nites to get more money.($50 is too much to start that up she says) I'm thinking of getting rid of her because she can do any dumb idea she wants but won't let me do mine. SHE CONTROLS the money. what to do. PS. i have a 7month old also to consider

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Simple

Show her this reply.

You have to spend money to make money.

3. Frontier-Lawn

i also should've known her parents are tight wad's :dizzy:

4. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

seek a marriage counselor.

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a good business plan? If not, write one up. There are probably some good samples out there you can use.

Show her that and maybe she will see the light.

I feel for you man.

6. Frontier-Lawn

she had to see a shrink due to publix(she use to work there) from stress last year. and he brought up the sex card and ask if there were any probs in that dept and she stopped going after that. so i doubt she would go to one of those ether

7. Frontier-Lawn

had a bizz plan 6 months ago on the computer and some how it crashed 4 days after i showed it to her? ;) and Quote she thought it was a good idea. any one have a new layout. i cant find my old templete

8. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

"She controls the money"

That is your first and biggest mistake. Fix it and fast.

9. Frontier-Lawn

yes, she pays the bills and handles the money

10. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

That's your biggest mistake, you should at least do the bills together. Especially since your trying to run a business, you have to have some sense of how to use money and get by.