Dump trailer, dump insert, or dump truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SpruceLandscape, Oct 28, 2006.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Have a limited budget to work with, but I am trying to get the biggest bang for my small buck. I need a way to dump, but I'm not sure If i should get a dump trailer, dump insert (have only a 6ft bed), or an old used dump truck. I already have a trailer for mowers, etc. My current truck is a 06 dodge 2500 crew CTD
  2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say dump trailer.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

dump inserts are mainly ment for long beds so scratch that a trailer is really n ice you can definetly pull it wiht your truck and you can haul what you want muclh stone dirt and equipment its heavy duty and nice. a truck is a lot and you said you have limited money so stay away from that with price ins and fuel itll rack up
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I am seriously considering a dump trailer next season....... I would replace my current 6.5x12 tandem landscape trailer......... I would probably get a 6x12 maxi-dump......

That seems to be the most versatile. I have an 05 Dodge 2500 CTD.....

5. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

What will you primarily be hauling and dumping?
  6. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

depends what you haul!
  7. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a short bed dump insert in my truck. i love it it's not ment to haul gravel but for mulch and lawn debris it rocks...
  8. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

would be mostly lawn debri, and grass clippings, but then in the spring there is mulch and in the fall there is a lot of leaves.
  9. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not throw a load handler in the bed of the truck. I thought they were junk until I finally tried one. At this point I am glad I did not buy a dump insert.