Dump Trailer For HAULING Zero Turn Mowers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RDANLEY, May 6, 2008.

RDANLEY LawnSite Member

Thinking Of Purchasing A Gooseneck Dump Trailer, How Well Do They Do Has For Hauling Equipment Around. Trying To Have Something That Can Pull Double Duty.
  2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I have seen people put many excavators inside of them. Why would you carry a ztr on a gooseneck. How many ztrs? Need more info on why you need double duty.

RDANLEY LawnSite Member

I Have Been Needing A Dump Trailer For Many Different Things, But I Would Like To Be Able To Haul Equipment Also So It Is Not Just Setting In The Yard Waiting For A Load Of Dirt. And Why I Need A Goose Neck Is Because When I Do Haul Dirt Or Cut Up Trees It Is Alot Of Wieght. And Iam Travling Across State Not Down The Block.

Like I Said Earlier Double Duty. The Zero Turns I Am Concern With Because Of Driving Them Up The Ramps.

Thanks For Replying
  4. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

You need to make sure that it has a drop gate in the rear that will allow the loading of a ztr. But pperonally I would just buy a smaller trailer to haul mowers on. It would save on gas a lot. But I am sure it would work. Good luck
  5. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

It would work. But as others have stated. The fuel mileage will kill you. If you buy a decent dump, it will be heavy.
  6. njones

njones LawnSite Member

i had a new dump trailer made last year its double duty it has a rear gate to load skidsteer it has a side gate to load zero turns its a 12' dump 15' deck i can load the skider drive it on to the deck pick up a load of rock mulch dump it on load the skider i do i haul two walkers that sit side by side on the deck by the side gate thats 8' wide and a 60' gravley i do not handle the grass back on the side gate and dump it in the box most days the hard work is getting a drink it all depends on what you are going to do with it and for the gas 2 or 3 trailers or loose a mile per gallon i make it up on less work
  7. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Sure. We haul skidloaders, and mowers in ours. Mowers just on the days we bag, and it sure makes dumping clippings easy. It's one of the best investments we've made, it gets used everyday.