Dump trailer questions - 10 or 12 foot low profile

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by clydesdale, Apr 30, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I would like it to be able to haul a small kubota loader . I dont own the loader yet, so i dont even have the dimensions. But i imagine someone on here does. What size dump will be more versatile? I will be towing with a crew cab short bed so i didnt want to go to long.
    Also, any thoughts on barn doors vs a tailgate?
    Any thoughts on the company Southern Sales , or Brimar ?

2. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks LawnSite Member
    from ct

I have a 12 ft Moritz dump trailer for sale it is a 10000 gvw trailer with a three way tail gate meaning you can swing it like a dump truck, open it like a tailgate and open it up like barn doors, but to answer your question 12ft i feel is more versatile, easier to drive and back up and gives you more room for your loader, Can you fit it in to a 10 ft one yes put you will have more room in the 12, two feet makes a big difference, also you will want to go with barn doors that way they swing out of the way and make using the ramps if the one you are looking at has them a lot easier then trying to secure ramps on to a trailer with a tailgate sticking out.

3. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

I've got a 12 foot Cross-Country, and I'd also recommend the 12 footer. You never know what you'll be hauling in a year or two. I got a Kubota B21 backhoe-loader into it, with the hoe hanging slightly outside the tailgate. Moritz and Bri-Mar are also good names. If you plan to haul heavy loads like rocks and pavers go for dual pistons. Good luck. GB

4. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

anyone know about Hawke?