1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump trailer recommendations

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gvandora, Aug 16, 2004.

1. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

I'm considering purchasing a dump trailer that is 6x12 x 10klbs. Can anyone recommend brands, etc. from their experience? How about dealers in the Maryland area.

2. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Try lux trailers in lanham md they carry the ez-dumper and bri-mar model. I have the 6x14 ez-dumper 12000# rating of course the trailer ways 4000#lbs so you can carry 8000#lbs. If you have any questions just e-mail me.

Steve

3. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

All I have to say is do not get a single piston trailer. I have one and it fails to lift when its full. It really sucks to have to move concrete to just be able to lift the trailer.

4. Potomac Lawns Inc.

the ez-dumper i have is a double power up and down

5. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

Potomac,

Mind if I ask what you paid for your trailer?

6. Maybe a double piston is better but my Hawke 6x12 10M# dump has a single piston and I've never had a problem with it.

7. Potomac Lawns Inc.

i think it was around 5300 or 5400 with tax that was about a year ago before steel prices went up.

8. dieselman

dieselman LawnSite Member

I have a FOSTER trailer. Did quite a bit of looking and I think it's the best built dumper by far! But you pay for it too!

9. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

I have a Cross Country, built in NY state, and it's been great. It's 6 x 12, 10K
    gvw, dual piston. I once had a quarry guy load almost 10,000 lbs. in it by mistake, and it went down the road fine, and dumped when we got to the job. Tires looked a little mushy.
    Check with your motor vehicle department before you go over 10,000 lbs. In our state you need a CDL for that.