Dump Trailer Thoughts

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BckYrdLmbrJk, Oct 28, 2013.

Whatcha'll think I should do?

1. 6x12 bumper pull

1 vote(s)
  2. 7x12 bumper pull

7 vote(s)
  3. 7x14 bumper pull

22 vote(s)
  4. 7x14 gooseneck

1 vote(s)
  5. Duddde nooo, just get a dump truck

3 vote(s)
  1. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

Thats a sweet trailer. I looked at a used moritz. Don't know of any places around here that sell new ones though.

I believe in NY I wouldn't have to get a cdl until 28,000 lbs or something. Correct me if I'm wrong. I've still been thinking about getting a CDL down the road somehow, could come in handy. As of now both my parents have Class A's so if need be I could always have them hauling whatever I need:laugh:
  2. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Go to http://moritzinternational.com/ and do a dealer search. these are the best trailers out there for the money. If i couldnt get a Moritz i would go Corn Pro. But there are even more money
  3. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Why would he need a CDL?

There is only one and it in't PA>

None if you are considered "interstate commerce"

Nope. :hammerhead:
  4. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Are those hangers used to hold your pole saw? I'm looking for a better way to carry my pole saw, and it won't fit in the bed of the truck either.

If not, what are they used for? I've never seen them before.

Dumptrailer%202 small.JPG
  5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Duff we need a cdl for 10,000 gvw trailers and up. Its on the first page of our handbook
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think of the b wise ultimate dump trailer?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Duffster

from Midwest

No you don't.

Read it again. Real carefully this time.
  8. clipfert

clipfert LawnSite Member

From the US Department of Transportation website:

Classes of License:

The Federal standard requires States to issue a CDL to drivers according to the following license classifications:

Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.

Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.

Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is transporting material that has been designated as hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and is required to be placarded under subpart F of 49 CFR Part 172 or is transporting any quantity of a material listed as a select agent or toxin in 42 CFR Part 73.

In my case my F450 towing my 12,000 lb rated dump trailer. Class A required

Total weight is 28,000
  9. Duffster

from Midwest

But why would he?

Read this carefully:

10. 711SnoPro

711SnoPro LawnSite Member

No CDL until you get to 26,001 lbs GCVWR.

We have a PJ 16' gooseneck dump with tall sides. It's wired to plug into the pickup and has aircraft hydraulic fluid and a liner in it. We bought it to haul snow and garbage and after 4 years of ****** around with it I'm ready for a dump truck or hooklift truck (preferably hooklift) It's great to use as a dumpster but put any kind of weight in it and hopefully you brought shovels and friends (or a mini excavator)

For smaller loads of heavy material like dirt or rock they are great, but don't buy one hoping to put 10 yards in it and actually dump it like my old man thought. It even struggles with snow sometimes.

If you need hauling capacity and the ability to dump it, save yourself the headache and get a dump truck. Otherwise for small jobs the trailer is great.