dump trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by zim bob the landscaper, Nov 29, 2005.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

how much does a 8 by 16 foot dump trailer usualy cost

thanx

2. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx LawnSite Member
    from mass

are you looking for new or used? is manufacturer preference important? i used to work at yered trailers in Medfield, very big outfit with several in stock.I am not sure what he has right now but can usually get ahold of anything fairly quickly, if its too fat out of the way my other recommendation would be Wright trailers in seekonk ma, lemme know if your interested in yereds, and id be happy to sett you up with some contact information

3. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think you can even get an 8 foot, the biggest Ive seen is 7ft. Brand new, your looking at prob $7000-8000, atleast. Why would you want something that big? Youd need a minimum of a one ton pick up and a CDL-A license to drive it, you cant even get a license;) .
    James

4. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx LawnSite Member
    from mass

the 8 foot is the easy part, but James is right i wasn't even thinking about truck and licensing requirements, a dump trailer that size would be heavy even empty, but load it up with stone/loam and your gonna need a big truck and some from of CDL to move it around, just my 2 cents

5. zim bob the landscaper

ok this is for everybody that says that i cant get my license i no i cant but my dad is the boss of the company and i also have a 17 year old brother that is also working and i am to my dad befor this company was a truck driver for 28 years and is still a truck driver for frank maurer CO. he has a class a cdl
    (commercial drivers licence) which when i get old enough im going for school for my class a cdl and hydralics
    now i hope u guys r not confused any more

ues i am insterested in anything in mass and south of NH but wont take so long to get there but we have two trailer dealers here thats where we got our landscaping trialer and if anybodys interested let me know by PM or post
    its a 8*5 trailer

6. zim bob the landscaper

7. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Your still gonna need atleast a one ton to pull it and its gonna need a diesel. Your also looking at atleast $8,000. Ill sell you my dump for $3600.
    James

8. zim bob the landscaper

we r getting a7*14 dump i belive and i would buy a 6*10 but we r going to use it for bobcats and we can get a brand new 6*10 for $3800 with ladder ramps and high sides here so thanks alot for the offer:waving:

9. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

8x16 Cargo Mate dump, will run you $7995 New, and your going to use ur dump trailer for bobcats, dont you think it might exceed the gvrw?

10. zim bob the landscaper

ya it might i think for a chevy 2500HD its 18000 gvwr so we went down to a 8*14 we want enough room to fit

a lawn tractor and a leafbox for cleanups in fall
    bobcats for big jobs
    mowers for cuting grass in spring and summer