1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

dump trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bobcatnj, Apr 14, 2007.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

what brand of dump trailers are you guys using? i was looking at a bri-mar 6x14/ 14k trailer for 8000.00

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a CAM-Superline and love it. I use it for hauling horse manure. It is in use every day of the week. Works great and has held up really well. The only problem I have had is that the jack stripped itself out on the inside, but it was a defect and partially my fault. The battery also dies after only 14 months, but it gets used a lot. I have no clue what the prices are now, but I bought a 2005 6x10' with a 12.5K GVW lowbed for around $4700 out the door. I know the prices have gone up a ton in the last few years because of the steel coasts and everything else.

3. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Loadtrail 6.5 x 14 goose neck, 14k. Came with built in ramps to load equipment. Hauls a 3130 Kubota or T250 Bobcat great. I paid $6k.

4. Hiwire

Hiwire LawnSite Member

We use all Brimars. We have a 14/102 dump and it has held up very well. We also have a 14/102 low profile open trailer that we tow bobcats with. The Brimars are a bit more pricey but Im pretty sure that 8K for that trailer is too high. Look around and I bet you can find the same trailer for less. Good luck.
    Ray

5. bobcatnj

anyone had the higher sides on them? how much more are you carrying ton/yard wise?

6. bobcatnj

had = add in above post

7. Hiwire

Hiwire LawnSite Member

We put tall sides on our dump and can fit close to 10 yds of mulch on it but thats a wider trailer than you are looking at. Look at BriMar's dealer locator and follow the links to their dealers and check out inventory. I think I just saw the trailer you are talking about recently at a dealer's site in NY. A new 2005 was on sale for like 6995. Ill see if I can find it.
    Ray

8. bobcatnj

yea let me know

9. Hiwire

Hiwire LawnSite Member

10. bobcatnj

yea thats what looking for but its about 14 hours travel time to there and back, alittle 2 far for me