Dump trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mybowtie, Jun 26, 2008.

1. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Anyone have a Bri-mar dump trailer?? Any issues I should look out for??
    Also looked at ez-dumper. What do you guys think of dump inserts?
    The bri-mar dump was a 6X10 for $3550. Didnt price the ez-dumper trailers
    yet.............:usflag:

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Is the trailer you priced a 7000 or 10000 gvw?

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

axles tires rims thickness of floor/walls 12 16 24" rail spacing barn door spreader door 2x4 posts single double or sissor lift truck charger remote control tie downs roll tarp low profile ladder ramps tag or gooseneck ....... you get my point. SOOOO many variables to compare.

better question is how do you plan on using it? Get a low profile if you want to tow a skidder than low profile is better, if your getting it for materials then you get better dumping with over the tires. Goosenecks hold more angle better and give you a place to put extra buckets.

remember a dump trailer that is rated for less than 10,000 lbs is not worth the money spent, and if your choice is a 6x10 10k or a 7x14 10k trailer the 6x10 actually can hold more because the trailer itself weighs less.

4. mybowtie

from NY

Its a 7000K trailer. Looking to use it for mulch, topsoil, firewood. Im sure ill use it for crusher/stone also....:usflag:

5. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Moritz and be done with it!:weightlifter:

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

They weigh in close to 1200 lbs if I remember right. The 10k rated units weigh in around 1800 or so. For the bit extra money, I'd definitly go for the 10k gvw. th 7k just seems as if you'll easiy out grow it to fast.

7. mybowtie

from NY

Never heard of them. Ill chek them out. Thank for the info guys.......:usflag:

8. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Bri-Mar, 12,000# LPHD...it is awesome. I bought it last year but we have one at work (at my PT gig) and it's been through Hell in the past 10 years and it is still going! That's why I decided on Bri-mar. It's an expensive trailer but well worth it. I would agree that the weight of an empty trailer really takes away from what you can actually put in it. I can put 8440# in mine, legally. I tow it with an F-550, so it's like not even behind me! Don't get under a 10,000# dump trailer, that is, if you have the truck to tow it.

Pulling a smaller skid steer is fine, but it's a bit akward....i'd get a dedicated trailer for that if I had a MTL, it'd be a better ride.

9. mybowtie

from NY

Not really looking to put a skid in it...Yes I have the truck to pull it. 07 duramax............10K would be nice, but I only have so much to spend.
    Want to build a leaf box for it also............:usflag:

10. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Out east take a look at PJ trailers, they make a great trailer and you could probably drive and get it direct. We have an ABU 14' 16000lb. and there are days I wish we could carry more weight, so go as heavy as your wallet will afford.