Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Coastal Lawn Maintenance, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i have narrowed down my choices to a Bri-mar DT712LP-12 and a All Pro DT7147T24.The all pro looks to be a better built of the two. But it seems that everybody around here has Bri-mar. so i was looking to what people have to say about the all pro dump trailers

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Dont kow much about all pro, but i can tell you that bri-mar makes a good dump trailer. I have 2 and am very pleased with them. If your going 7 feet wide, i would go with a 14' trailer...

3. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

What about PJ Dump Trailers. I have a 7x14 and love it. Built like a brick.

4. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

all pro makes an awesome trailer my father used too have an entire fleet of them. They are over built. and way outlasted all other brands we had.

5. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

from VA

the one thing that has me leaning the most to all pro is i can get the 7x14 for 5300 delivered to my house. vrs the brimar 7x14 which is 8 grand. and i haven't looked at pj is the 7x14 dual piston or single.

6. pitrack

Mine is a scissor lift. 14k gvw
    http://sparkstrailers.com/futuremainpage.aspx

7. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

from VA

i like the idea more of the two pistons over the scissor lift but dont know what the advantage of the scissor lift over the two pistons . and how much did you pay for the 7x14 pj dump if you dont mind me asking. and i like the power up and down on the pj and the all pro dosent have it

8. pitrack

I have heard that scissor lifts are more powerful. That may not be true but I have heard from a few different people that scissors are better than a single or dual piston. I am not just saying that because I own one.

I believe I paid around $5900 for mine. Around town I could not find them for under $7k for the size I wanted. I bought it from that link I posted earlier and paid an extra $300 for them to ship it to me (Around 300 miles one way) and I still came out ahead. Great great company to work with, didn't even require money until they brought the trailer to me. I will definitaly talk to them the next time I am in the market for any trailer(they sell more than just dump trailers). So far so good with my trailer, I have had it loaded pretty good a few times and it doesn't even hesitate when it dumps. The whole trailer is rock solid, only down side to that is it is heavy(I think around 4500# empty). Good luck with your purchase, what will you be towing the trailer with?

9. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I think most of the trailer are heavy duty I have three different types American steel , Ringo , and another i can remember now .
    I like double pistons . barn gate rear door C type hitch mount with bolt holes , High headboard in front 36" , Led lites , 6 tie downs in bed , removable wood sides , water proof tarp on roller , grease fitting every wear , bearing buddies on wheels, steel tool /battery box
    I like aluminum equipment ramps from Ebay . I just slide them under the machine when we transport , Leave them in the yard most of the time. I have 10' and 12' dumps . John

10. pitrack

My trailer has everything you mentioned, except the double pistons.

Which ramps are you talking about?