Dump trailer?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Drafto, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone tell me where I can find a good price on a 7'x14' dump trailer? I live in DE but I am willing to drive up to 5 hours away to get a good deal on one. So anyone in DE, MD, PA, NJ, NY and even VA that has a place please let me know. The best price a have gotten around here is $7,000, I've seen a very comparable model in FL for under $5,000. I find it hard to believe I have to drive to Florida to get a good deal on one, maybe I'll make a vacation out of it! Someone in the area please let me know.

This site has made my business grow leaps and bounds this year, I would be lost without it! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me....Dan.

2. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

WHATS UP DRAFTO,
    IN OUR AREA THERE IS A GUY WHO MAKES CUSTOM TRAILERS D& D TRAILERS, INC.
    HE MAKES THEM TO YOUR SPECTS. I HAVE 3 TRAILERS FROM HIM ONE BEING
    A 6'X12' DUMP BODY TRAILER WITH 10,000 GVW, INCLUDES 4 HEAVY DUTY TIRES ON 15" WHEELS, 12"X2" ELECTRIC BRAKES ON BOTH AXLES, 2 EA 5200 LB AXLES, POCKETS, DOUBLE REAR DOORS, AND PROVISIONS FOR RAMPS. I PAID ONLY $4,100.00 I WILL NOT BUY ANY OTHER TRAILERS.

HERE'S HIS INFO.
    D&D TRAILERS
    100 LEXINGTON AVE.
    TRENTON, NJ 08638
    609-771-0001

WWW.DEANDETRAILERS.COM

SEE YA,
    RICHIE K
    WWW.KULAKANDCOMPANY.COM :pumpkin:

3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Richie-
    I see you are a new member, so I'll be nice this time... Typing in all caps is considered yelling on the internet, which I assume you weren't doing, plus it's very hard to read. Take an extra half-second and use the shift key instead of hitting the caps lock just once.:)

Drafto-
    You can find them a lot cheaper than 7 grand... There's a dealer 2 miles away from me that sells trailers, I don't know what a trailer that size runs exactly, but it's a lot less than $7k.... NJ is closer to you than IN, so if you want the info of the dealer, I'll give it to you.......

Dan

4. nac

nac LawnSite Member

Just search on th internet for Bri-mar trailers. I have a 6'8' x 14' 12,000 gvw trailer for about 5,500 - 6,200 dollars last year I dont remember exactly how much I paid.

5. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

D Felix,

I'll take that dealer info from you, thanks.

DAn

6. morgan-landscape

morgan-landscape LawnSite Member

try trakker.com i purshased a 6x12 low profile 10000 lb for 3995.00

7. D Felix

The dealer is Detro Trailers, they carry Liberty Industry trailers. Great trailers, IMHO, built as well or better than Cronkite or CornPro, and for the same (or less) money to boot.

Don't know if they are on the web or not (I don't think they are, haven't found anything), but their phone number is:
    765-522-6277
    I know they have an 800 number but I can't find it right now. I'll try to get it for you by this weekend.

The local Bri-Mar dealer is:
    Brian's Trailer Sales
    765-522-7727
    Don't know if they have an 800 number.

Good luck!

Dan

8. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

www.davistrailerworld.com

tell them Steve @ Quality Landscaping sent you.. I buy alot of stuff from them (not just trailers) and I've been overly impressed with the way they run their business. Whatever it takes to keep you happy, they will do it! :cool:

10. D Felix

Detro's 800 number: 1-800-404-6477. Got it a little sooner than I thought.:)

Dan