1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Trailers with Landscape Gates????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Newguy25, May 11, 2006.

1. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

I only have found one Manufacture with a product like this, and it is Bri-mar. They make a 6x12. Anyone know anyone else that makes a dump W/ the landscape gate??? I want bigger than 6x12. Also anyone have one and will a skid steer fit??? Is the gate strong enough to load one?? I have a small operation and would like to use just one trailer for eveything if it is possible. One man show here! If anyone has pics please share! :drinkup: :usflag:

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO, I would not want a landscape gate on a dump trailer nor have ever seen one. Wouldn't all your loaded material fall through the holes, or is there something preventing it? If you are going to be loading a skid steer, I would just get a dump trailer with a set of good strong heavy duty ramps. I know that they make some trailer that have built in ramp holders and are dump trailer. Might be the way to go for you. Here are some links that I know of. Good luck!

http://www.hhtrailer.com/05GooseneckDumpBoxTrailer.asp
    http://www.draggintrailers.com/dump trailers.html

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea Umm..............how would you dump it? lol;)

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

like this!

[​IMG]

Have had mine a year, I have the landscape gate and the regular gate. I have seen guys reinforce the gates to run skids up them. Mine is a 6x10 so no skid but I have loaded a walk behind mini skid Bobcat MT 52 ( like the toro dingo) up the ramp and in. Works great! I think it was an extra $295 for the gate saved me lots.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

whatever works for you i guess.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

That is the same thing I have be thinking about doing also.....one trailer......for maintenance and clean ups.....

D

7. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

How do u like the bri-mar???? Do you still like it or do you wish you went with something different? I am lookin at the 6x12 with the landscape gate. Still wish they made something a little bigger. I want one trailer to do as much as possible mowers, mulch, firewood. skid steer etc. I am a one man operation. Can I fit a skid steer in it??? How is dumping with the Gate??? Do u have to move forward alot to get it all out. U mentioned another gate was that through Bri-mar or did you go custom?? Thanks!

8. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

My dump trailers is 7 x 14 with a 14,000 gvw rating. My gate swings open and also will open like barn dooors. I have ramps that came with the trailer to load mowers and my skid steer. The trailer is low profile. If you are thinking of hauling skid steer get a heavy duty trailer that is low profile.

John

9. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I like the Bri-Mar, only wish is that I got the 6x12. Bulit very well. I am sure you can fit a skid in a 6x12.

No problems dumping with the gate except with brush, because you get brush stuck in the expanded metal.

The other gate I was talking about was the regular 2 way gate that comes with it the landscape was an add on.

good luck.