1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dump trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jones68, Jan 30, 2013.

1. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get one with the scissor lift. Can't tell if the PJ trailer is a scissor.

4. jones68

What is the advantage of the scissor lift over a single piston or dual piston set up?

5. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

Just bought a PJ 14' very nice trailer, well built, scissor type lift.
    Highly recommend them, and I've looked at a bunch of them.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I love my bigtex dual tandem. 25k #gvw.
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jones68

What is the advantage of the scissor lift over a single piston or dual piston set up?

8. jones68

i am in the 10'-12' x 10,000-14,000 lbs range would love to have a 25,000 but i dont need all that for what i usually do im mostly brush/debris, mulch, topsoil, stone, leafs, ect. i dont get into much heavy excavation

9. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I even prefer a dual cylinder lift over a scissor lift. Sometimes our dump trailer is loaded heavy and a bit uneven from side to side. When you watch the two cylinders lift, they really compensate for the other if one side is weak. It's just a lot more stable IMO

10. jones68

I have learned with some companies they upgrade to 2 pistons when you make the jump from 10,000 to 12,000. PJ upgrades to the scissor lift so I think im between a 2 piston design and a scissor but i would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of both