Dump truck for sale or trade

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Irwin97, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone!

Its been awhile I've been to this forum ... been busy with our family business. We are growing in much faster pace than we expect and have to get back here soon!

Anyways I've decide to sell one of our truck or will consider trade it and it is 1987 F700 dump truck. We bought this truck to use it for towing and hauling our equipment trailer along with skid steer.

Things changed - we decide to stay with mowing/lawn service side of our business and not going into skid steer service so truck need to go as its too big for our use. Will sell for reasonable offer or will take look into F250/F350 regular cab 4x4 w/ 8 ft bed and Automatic trans as trade.

It is workhorse - here's info on the truck

- 29,000 miles
    - Automatic
    - 10 feet Dump bed
    - F700
    - Single axle
    - 370 V8 4B
    - PTO
    - Regular brakes ( non cdl )

Not Rust free but nice. Have rust on corner cab and some area. The previous owner paint the truck with POR 15 every year to keep it in good condition and it shows. However since we owned it - we haven't keep up with that ... will do that within next few days.

We have clear MD title in our name. It doesn't need to but it passed VIEP and State insp test 6 months ago. Tagged as historic - cheap insurance.

Contact us thru PM and we can go from there.

Thanks.

5Nc5I35K93Ef3n53Nbc4o29ac1871dfe41bd1.jpg

5N55Ld5Gf3Ef3M53o2c4o1a0eff387216118c.jpg

5E15P35Hc3E43La3N2c4obeb4f0fc04b7145a.jpg

5E45F35Je3n23La3Iac4o94fb09b0cf84185b.jpg

2. richardcog

richardcog LawnSite Member

How much do you want for it cash

3. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

@ richardcog ... I'm not too firm on price. I've got few offers before within $7,500 when I wasn't ready to sell. That is price will be nice for this truck but I'm not too firm on it so if cash - willing to work out a deal and we can go from there.

4. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

Is ct too far for a trade. What year are u looking for approx. f350
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

@WorldsStrongestLandscaper I'm in Frederick MD so I guess you are good 6 - 8 hrs North of me. I'm not picky on years as long it is Ford :)

6. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

Got some questions from people ... yep everything runs, works and function as it suppose to and just bear this in mind - its not 2012 Caddy. Its a old good workhorse and will ride/drive like one.

7. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

8. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

What does regular brake - non CDL mean?

9. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

It means (at least in MI) you can drive with out a airbrake endorsement, (empty with a chauffeurs. loaded you'll need atleast a B)

But to be honest if you are asking this question, its way to much truck for you to handle, ATLEAST legally :nono:

10. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

LOL I don't think you should be talking then. :nono:

A.) Type of brakes makes no difference in the tyoe of DL needed.

B.) There is no such thing as air brake endorsement.

C.) Loaded or not doesn't change the class of DL needed.
    :hammerhead: