Dump truck for sale or trade

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Irwin97, Oct 9, 2012.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have same truck but white and maual with parking brake. Just got inspected. I have or you need class D chauffuers lic. in iowa. I can get CDL but I dont need air brake endorsment. That is what I was just told here today and I am looking through the book right now.????? Good luck with the sell

2. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

Ah good questions ... in state of Maryland - if your truck is regular brakes then you can drive it without having CDL. If the truck have air brakes then you need CDL in order to drive them.

3. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

No state in this country require a CDl for air brakes alone.

Is it under CDL otherwise?

4. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

@ Duffster ... I think you are right about CDL regards air brakes or not - I think its not require as long its under 26000 GVW so yeah. The truck is rated at 23,500 +/- so yep its non CDL.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Pot stirrerererer

You're joking, right?

I mean, really, you are kidding, aren't you?

Because nothing of what you stated is true or accurate.

Here we go again.

Go look on the driver's door jamb. What is the GVWR of this truck?

6. Duffster

from Midwest

You should talk. :laugh:

7. Mark Oomkes

I was or am or whatever. :drinkup:

8. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

ok so tell me where im wrong, first your the weight of the truck and trailer (or load) is what deciphers if you need a CDL and what class, you also need a endorsement for air.. UNLESS its under 26K GV.. thats what I meant, perhaps it didnt appear that way?

According to the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration, you DO NOT need a CDL with air brake endorsement to drive a vehicle that is under 26,000 GVWR that has air brakes. The reasoning behind this is that since a CDL is not required to drive the vehicle, there is no way to require the "air brake" endorsement under the CDL guidelines.
    Also note that your Class C license does not contain an "L" restriction.

If any one was offended, I do apologize. Now hopefully this guy sells this truck!

9. Mark Oomkes

That almost makes sense.

All you need to do is change your terminology. There is no such thing as an air brake endorsement.

10. Duffster

from Midwest