Dump truck help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by pieperlc, Oct 14, 2013.

1. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I know this truck is a little small for most of you guys, but I found a used dump that seemed like a good deal at first. 2002 Chevy 3500 w/2yd bed, fold down sides, 4x4, duramax diesel, 23,000 miles. Truck looks mint, dump bed barely looks used. What would you guys pay? Asking $25k.

If I don't add a dump, we may upgrade our skid to a two speed. Any ideas on what I should get out of our current skid? Cat 252b, 2005, 1400 hours, cab, heat, air, hydraulic quick coupler.

Thanks for any and all advice/input.

2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal. You could always add higher sides to hold more material. I know my cousins truck has side toolboxes and he can fit 3 yards of mulch inside.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad deal on the truck. Your skidsteer is worth about $12,000-$15,000 depending on condition.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

25k for a truck that is 13 years old isn't a bad deal?

You can buy a new one for low 30s. 25 is insane
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Way too much money. I'll sell ya a 05 4500 kodiak 4wd for 22

6. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know what trucks go for in your area but that is insane for Virginia even that low of miles
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I wouldn't pay more than $17-$18,000 for it, and a lot of guys would say thats too much. There was one on the Detroit CL with 8,000 miles, never driven in winter, ZERO rust anywhere even had the original wax coating and stickers still on the frame! I mean this thing literally looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor, it was used on the guys hobby farm and was babied. He was only asking $26,500. It was also a '02, Dmax/Alli, 12ft Monroe Dump with drop sides, was a real nice truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  8. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

A cab and chassis gasser sure.....but add diesel and a dump body and you're probobly into the 50's.

I wouldn't pay $25k for this truck either though.....not even close.

9. Lawscape

Lawscape LawnSite Member

Your crazy at 25k for a 12 year old truck. You can buy a diesel 3500 with dump for high 30 low 40s depending on options. I would offer 12 at the most for it

10. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Thanks guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device